Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Meet Flock your new favorite web browser.

History
Well I came across Flock months ago while lurking on the website digg but today marks the 0.7 beta release.

About Flock
Flock is social browser allowing you to interact with the web like never before. It has a built in blog editor , Flickr photoviewer, rss reader as well as a clip board to store text and pictures. The best part about flock is that is built using the mozilla engine and is a universal application.

Opinion
I think Flock is a necessary addition for web 2.0 growth. It intergrates everything that I do on the web into one application. I can upload or view pictures from my Flickr account right from a tab on the browser. It makes posting to forums easy, saving pictures or text from other web sites a breeze. There's not much that I dont like about the browser. The lack of a spell check is annoying but I'm sure many will suggest it. The web 2.0 boom is about social networking sites like Flickr, Myspace, Del.icio.us, and Flock does us great justice by becoming the first social browser.

Where

http://www.flock.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home