Wednesday, June 21, 2006

So I'm in love with a treo

The new Treo 700p has been in circulation for several weeks now. But it wasn't until this week that I had the chance to demo the unit. I must say that the unit really blew me away. I really took notice to all the upgrades being that the last Palm os device I have used was a Treo 600. And trust me that was the phone that turned me on to smartphones. If the screen didn't break I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have upgraded to the PPC-6700. Don't get me wrong I love my PPC-6700 but it has its faults. Not to say that the Treo is perfect because is it isn't. From a hardware standpoint its almost everything that I need in a wireless device despite the lack of an A2DP bluetooth profile and a better camera. I wouldn't consider myself a power user and I like the fact the Treo is a phone first then a PDA. I need to be able to talk first and then everything else is an added bonus. With the addition of EV-DO this device is a must have. Here's a couple of things I liked and disliked.

Pros

  • Great form factor (shares the same housing as the 700w).
  • Higher resolution that alot of current windows mobile smartphones
  • Great keyboard and one handed ease of use.

Cons

  • Aging Palm os (still no multi-tasking first thing I noticed coming from a windows mobile device).
  • No A2DP (the device will not stream music to my bluetooth headphones).

Treo 700p




p>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home