Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why I love and Hate my new macbook.



By now we have all heard of the new Ibook replacements called the Macbook. From birth this device was destined to be a consumer model but is so close in specs to the Macbook Pro that it's an obvious choice for someone looking to save a few bucks. Packed with a Core Duo processor one of the best processors out right now make this laptop an easy choice. Now that the almost all of Apples products offer an Intel chipset new switchers will be dying to get their hands on a device that can run Windows as well as OS X.

I like many Apple fanboys picked up the device the day it was released. It quickly became my favorite computer of all time replacing my former G4 Ibook. The speed was remarkable faster even though my Macbook only had 512mb ram compared to the Ibook 1.25mb ram. It was smooth sailing for me while I read about many people have problems with there new Macbooks. I thought lucky me even though there was a few quality issues with the device such as a buldging bezel and a very loud disc drive. It wasn't enough to get me into an apple store seeking a replacement. Until today about 3 months after owning the Macbook I noticed discoloration of the palm rest and track button. It didn't really stop me from using the laptop just a real eyesore. Imagine showing off your laptop to people and revealing what looks like sweat stains on the top of it. Really not a good look. On top of all that now the Macbook shuts off by it self with no warning. Mainly when its using the battery without an Ac adapter (that hums as well) plugged in. So with a couple of searches on Google I noticed that I wasn't the only one. Alot of users were complaining about the same problems as I on the Apple forums only to have there topics closed. Users seemed to be getting there logic boards replaced which reminds me of the mishaps with the Ibook G4 . I love you apple and will continue to use your products as long as the OS is one step ahead of windows. But with the advent of Sony UMPC I maybe switching back. Lets get it together acknowledge the problems and keep the consumers happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home